SMA Crossover Justin Alert MTF is a short-term trend following indicator. It applies a crossover between two Simple Moving Averages over the selected period of time in order to define the current trend direction.
This indicator doesn’t show the crossover but signals it directly by plotting arrows around the price candles.
SMA Crossover Justin Alert MTF is a scalping indicator thus, suits well with shorter timeframes like M1 to M15 charts. However, this indicator is good for trading all kinds of forex currency pairs available within the market.
SMA Crossover Justin Alert MTF Overview
Install SMA Crossover on your MT4 platform, apply it and find your chart like the following image:
SMA Crossover Justin Alert MTF Explanation
SMA Crossover Justin Alert MTF uses the crossover between 12 and a 26-day period of Simple Moving Averages for signaling the market trends.
These values can be modified according to your needs. The crossover signals are delivered directly by using up/down arrows on the main chart window.
All you need to do is to follow the arrow direction. Once you’re on a trade, wait until an opposite arrow appears as an exit signal.
For stop loss positioning, always count the current sing high/low of the market.
The indicator uses a stand-alone technique however, you can add other trend-following indicators to your chart for a better result.
Broker Review: Exness Review
SMA Crossover: Buy Conditions
- An upward arrow appears below the price candle
- Buy triggers at the break of the respective candle’s high
- Set stop loss below the current swing low of the market
- Exit long/take profit whenever a downward arrow appears above the price candle
SMA Crossover: Sell Conditions
- A downward arrow appears above the price candle
- Sell triggers at the break of the respective candle’s low
- Set stop loss above the current swing high of the market
- Exit short/take profit whenever an upward arrow appears below the price candle