HLC Trend Indicator is a simple trend-following forex trading indicator, used to determine the market trends in crossover methods. This indicator uses a single indicator window and plots the signals in a much convenient method so that everybody can read its signals. Besides, it can also be added to other trend-based strategies as a trend filter.
HLC Trend Indicator is a scalping indicator, therefore, it works better when applied on shorter timeframe charts like M1 to M15 within your MT4 trading platform. However, this indicator can be applied to trade all kinds of forex currency pairs in the financial markets.
HLC Trend Indicator Overview
Download and install the indicator on your MT4 terminal. Once you’re done, find your chart like the image below:
Claim: Deals and Discount
HLC Trend Indicator Explanation
HLC Trend Indicator applies its HLC average in duel parameters. Its 13 HLC moves above the 34 HLC means its a bullish crossover and signals for the bullish trend of the market.
On the other hand, 34 HLC moves above the 13 HLC represents the bearish crossover that signals for the bearish trend of the market.
Once a crossover signal is confirmed, traders should look for price action signals within the new trend direction for better accuracy. However, it does not signal for trade exits. We recommend you to exit the trade when it hits at least 1:1 to 1:2 risk to reward ratios.
HLC Trend: Buy Conditions
- 13 HLC moves above the 34 HLC
- A bullish candle forms along with the bullish crossover signal
- Buy triggers after the above conditions are done
- Set stop loss below the recent low of the market
- Exit long/take profit when your trade hits at least 1:2 risk to reward ratio
HLC Trend: Sell Conditions
- 34 HLC moves above the 13 HLC
- A bearish candle forms along with the bearish crossover signal
- Sell triggers after the above conditions are done
- Set stop loss above the recent high of the market
- Exit short/take profit when your trade hits at least 1:2 risk to reward ratio