Moderate Swing Trading is a Moving Average-based trend-following forex trading strategy. Simple signaling methods, easy chart demonstrations, and simplicity of use have attracted especially the newbie traders who seek to trade within the market trend.
Moderate Swing Trading can be used to trade all kinds of forex currency pairs at the market. Furthermore, it fits great with all sorts of timeframe charts at forex MT4 trading platform.
Moderate Swing Trading Overview
After installing the Moderate Swing Trading at your forex MT4 terminal, your trading chart will appear like the following image:
Moderate Swing Trading Anatomy
- 11, 21, and 50 MA: 11, 21, and 50-day Moving Averages (smoothed) are applied to identify the market trend. For a bullish trend, 11 MA should be greater than the 21 MA and 21 MA greater than 50 MA. An opposite scenario will represent the trend as bearish. Price closing above all the MAs is another sign of bullishness. As price closing below all the MAs signals the bearish thrust of the market trend.
- RSI Channel: This indicator has been included to filter the trend signals with its overbought/oversold signals of the market. It reaches over 70 means the market is in the overbought condition. On the other hand, its value drops below 30 means the oversold condition of the market.
Moderate Swing Trading: Buy Parameters
- 11 MA is greater than 21 MA
- 21 MA is greater than the 50 MA
- RSI Channel at the oversold condition
- Price closes above all MAs
- Buy triggers once all of the above conditions are met
- Set stop loss below the current MA levels
- Exit long/take profit whenever 21 MA moves above 11 MA
Check Out: Exness Broker Review
Moderate Swing Trading: Sell Parameters
- 21 MA is greater than 11 MA
- 50 MA is greater than the 21MA
- RSI Channel at the overbought condition
- Price closes below all MAs
- Sell triggers once all of the above conditions are met
- Set stop loss above the current MA levels
- Exit short/take profit whenever 11 MA moves above 211 MA