Measuring Cycle Periods is a trend-following forex trading system, developed with the blend of Ehler Spectrum & Dominant Cycle. Both of these indicators use a crossover formula but with different methods in order to detect the market trend.
A cross-check between the signals from these two indicators helps to increase the level of signal accuracy.
Measuring Cycle Periods can be applied to trade for both scalping and intraday/day trading purposes. In general, it suits all kinds of MT4 timeframe charts and can be used to trade all kinds of forex currency pairs.
Measuring Cycle Periods Overview
Download and install the Measuring Cycle Periods on your MT4 platform. Once you’re done, load it and find your trading chart like the following image:
Measuring Cycle Periods Explanation
- Ehler Spectrum: A crossover indicator with an exceptional look, used to identify the market trends. The yellow Ehler remains above the red Ehler to represent a bullish crossover, indicating the bullish trend of the market. An opposite crossover will be considered as the bearish trend signal of the market.
- Ehlers Dominant Cycle: This is yet another crossover trend identifying tool used to filter the trade signals for greater perfection in performance. It uses a typical price average method in two different parameters, plots crossover between these two and signals for the market trends.
Continue Reading: Best Forex Strategy
Measuring Cycle: Buy Conditions
- Yellow Ehler Spectrum moves above the red Ehler
- Ehler Dominant Cycle also signals for the bullish crossover at the same time
- A buy can be triggered when the above conditions are done
- Set stop loss below the recent low of the market
- Exit long/take profit whenever the system signals for a bearish crossover
Also Read: FXOpen Review
Measuring Cycle: Sell Conditions
- Red Ehler Spectrum moves above the yellow Ehler
- Ehler Dominant Cycle also signals for the bearish crossover at the same time
- A sell can be triggered when the above conditions are done
- Set stop loss above the recent high of the market
- Exit short/take profit whenever the system signals for a bullish crossover