MACD Cross Indicator MT4 is a forex trading indicator that is based on the MACD indicator. When you think of a MACD indicator, you would probably be thinking of some oscillators and histograms at the bottom of the chart. But MACD cross indicator has a different way of presenting itself rather than the traditional MACD indicator.
In my back-testing process, I realized that this indicator is highly accurate in the signal it generates. However, I recommend traders blend other trend indicators with this MACD Cross indicator.
This indicator can be used to trade range markets as well as trending markets. But to have an edge, it is recommended to trade only the trending market.
MACD Cross Indicator Overview
MACD Cross indicator basically comprises blue and red arrows. Have a glance at the MACD Cross Indicator below:
|Time Frame||Currency Pairs||Name of Indicator||Ratings|
|M15 to Daily||Any||MACD Cross |Indicator||9.8/10|
MACD Cross is completely a momentum and trend-based technical indicator. So it is still safe to play along with this indicator. In other words, it’s still okay to use this single indicator for your overall trading.
There is a technique to use this indicator in the best possible way and it’s very easy. Before trying any technical indicators on Trendfollowingsystem.com I assume that traders have the basic knowledge of the market trend. A trader should be able to differentiate between uptrend, downtrend, and sideways markets.
And when you use this indicator I suggest you choose any currency pair which is trending, it doesn’t matter whether it is up or down but it has to be trending. Please go through it to have some insights on the trend of the market. Now, I will guide you on the parameters required for buying and selling currencies based on this indicator.
Trending: Heiken Ashi Exit Indicator
MACD Cross Indicator: Buy Parameters
- Market should be up trending.
- Market should be bouncing from the support level.
- MACD Cross Indicator (Blue arrow) should appear below the market.
- Place your buy position when the above parameters are met.
- Keep your stop loss below the recent swing low.
- Book your profit when you see MACD Cross Indicator (Red arrow) above the market price.
MACD Cross Indicator: Sell Parameters
- Market should be down trending.
- Market should be pulling back from the resistance level.
- MACD Cross Indicator (Red arrow) should appear above the market.
- Place your short position when the above parameters are met.
- Keep your stop loss above the recent swing high.
- Book your profit when you see MACD Cross Indicator (Blue arrow) below the market price.