The Darvas Boxes Indicator is a trend-following breakout trading indicator. It captures the highs and lows of the price and plots a semi-dynamic price channel. The movement of the price channel vastly depends on the price volatility of the assets.
Its price channel captures the consolidation periods of the market and remains flat during a sideline condition of the price trend. Whenever the price channel turns flat, we consider it as a breakout box and wait for a price breakout out of the box.
Besides, this MT4 breakout trading indicator helps its users to find the significant tops and bottoms of the market for drawing trendlines manually. As a result, besides, box breakouts, it enables traders to trade at trendline breakouts as well.
Darvas Boxes Indicator Overview
Darvas Boxes Indicator is a useful breakout trading tool for beginners. It offers a simple demonstration of the possible breakout levels and suits all the TFs within the Metatrader 4 platform.
Furthermore, this indicator is compatible with all types of forex currency pairs, stocks, futures, and Cryptocurrency charts.
Darvas Boxes Indicator Explanation
The Darvas Boxes indicator plots price channels depending on the price volatility of each candle period. The channel support and resistance lines don’t move parallelly. The width of the channel squeezes and expands like Bollinger Bands. At any point, the price that comes out of the Darvas channel is considered a potential price breakout.
Moreover, if you manually connect the highs and lows spotted by the Darvas channel, you’ll find important trendlines of the price. In this above chart, we’ve connected the recent highs of the market based on the Darvas channel highs. Later, the price breaks both the trendline and the Darvas channel high and plots a bullish breakout setup.
Also Read: Best Forex Brokers in South Africa
Darvas Boxes Indicator: Buy Conditions
- The price moves above the Darvas channel high
- The price breaks the trendline resistance
- Activate buy order right after a bullish breakout is plotted
- Set stop loss below the Darvas channel support
- The minimum risk to reward ratio target is 1:1
Darvas Boxes Indicator: Sell Conditions
- The price breaks the Darvas channel low
- The price moves below the trendline support
- Activate sell order right after a bearish breakout is plotted
- Set stop loss level above the Darvas channel resistance
- The minimum risk to reward ratio is 1:1